Lester Young - The Complete Aladdin Recordings Of Lester Young mp3 flac
The Complete Aladdin Recordings Of Lester Young - Lester Young, Helen Humes, Nat King Cole. Открывайте новую музыку каждый день
Listen free to Lester Young – The Complete Aladdin Recordings Of Lester Young (Indiana - Digitally Remastered, I Can't Get Started and more). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.
What I consider to be one of the best sides from Lester Young's 1949 session for Savoy with Roy Haynes on drums - seriously amazing ideas in this solo.
Complete your Lester Young collection.
The Complete Aladdin Recordings. Although it has often been written that cool-toned tenor saxophonist Lester Young's experiences with racism in the military during 1944-1945 so scarred him that he never played at the same musical level as he had previously, the music on this essential two-CD reissue disproves that theory. It is true that his attitude toward life was affected and Young became somewhat self-destructive, but his postwar solos rank with the greatest work of his career. This two-fer, which has four selections from 1942 in which Young is heard in a trio with pianist Nat King Cole and bassist Red Callender and. The Complete Aladdin Recordings (Bonus Track Version). Although I am a jazz drummer, Lester Young is my musical idol and inspiration. This album receives a lot of play, especially when I want to just relax and enjoy the tone and phrasing that only Pres could make happen. The first four tracks in this set are pre-Army recordings, with the rest after Pres' unfortunate experiences and release from military duty.
Lester Young – 22 - It s Better to Give Than Receive . :05. Lester Young – 09 - It s Only a Paper Moon - 1942-47 Th. :11. Lester Young – 07 - Movin with Lester - 1942-47 Th. :59. Lester Young – 12 - Just Cooling - 1942-47 The Complet. :42. Lester Young – 10 - After You ve Gone - 1942-47 Th. :14. Lester Young – 15 - Lester s Be Bop Boogie - 1942-47 The.
Lester Young the tenor saxophonist really gave jazz a voice in a way that it hadn't had before. He added a whole new dimension. SPELLMAN: Here we're recommending the The Complete Aladdin Recordings of Lester Young. They're on the Blue Note record label, and it's a two-CD set. For NPR Jazz, I'm . HORWITZ: And I'm Murray Horwitz.
Слушайте The Complete Aladdin Recordings Of Lester Young от Lester Young на Deezer. Благодаря потоковой трансляции музыки на Deezer вы можете слушать более 53 млн треков, создавать свои плейлисты и делиться любимыми песнями с друзьями.
Lester Willis Young (August 27, 1909 – March 15, 1959), nicknamed "Pres" or "Prez", was an American jazz tenor saxophonist and occasional clarinetist. Coming to prominence while a member of Count Basie's orchestra, Young was one of the most influential players on his instrument
|1-2||I Can't Get Started||5:53|
|1-3||Tea For Two||4:45|
|1-4||Body And Soul||5:07|
|1-5||D. B. Blues||2:58|
|1-6||Lester Blows Again||2:29|
|1-7||These Foolish Things (Remind Me Of You)||3:08|
|1-8||Jumpin' At Mesners||2:42|
|1-9||It's Only A Paper Moon||3:03|
|1-10||After You've Gone||2:40|
|1-11||Lover, Come Back To Me!||2:35|
|1-12||Jammin' With Lester||3:01|
|1-13||You're Driving Me Crazy||3:03|
|1-14||New Lester Leaps In||2:55|
|1-15||Lester's Be-Bop Boogie||3:12|
|1-16||She's Funny That Way||3:17|
|1-18||S. M. Blues||3:00|
|2-1||Jumpin' With Symphony Sid||3:09|
|2-2||No Eyes Blues||2:57|
|2-4||On The Sunny Side Of The Street||2:57|
|2-5||Easy Does It||2:31|
|2-6||Easy Does It (Alternate Take)||2:27|
|2-7||Movin' With Lester||2:43|
|2-8||One O'Clock Jump||2:36|
|2-9||Jumpin' At The Woodside||2:57|
|2-11||Lester Smooths It Out||2:52|
|2-13||Tea For Two||3:05|
|2-14||East Of The Sun||3:07|
|2-15||Sheik Of Araby||2:29|
|2-16||Something To Remember You By||2:42|
|2-17||Riffin' Without Helen||3:10|
|2-18||Please Let Me Forget||3:07|
|2-19||He Don't Love You Anymore||2:49|
|2-20||Pleasing Men Blues||3:03|
|2-21||See See Rider||2:46|
|2-22||It's Better To Give Than Recieve||2:55|
- Manufactured For – BMG Direct Marketing, Inc. – D 203829
- Bass – Curly Russell (tracks: 2-13 to 2-16), Curtis Counce (tracks: 1-9 to 1-12), Junior Rudd (tracks: 2-17 to 2-22), Red Callender (tracks: 1-1 to 1-8, 1-13 to 1-16), Rodney Richardson (tracks: 1-17 to 2-5, 2-10 to 2-12), Ted Briscoe (tracks: 2-5 to 2-9)
- Drums – Chico Hamilton (tracks: 1-13 to 1-16), Henry Tucker* (tracks: 1-5 to 1-8, 2-17 to 2-22), Johnny Otis (tracks: 1-9 to 1-12), Lyndall Marshall (tracks: 1-17 to 2-5, 2-10 to 2-12), Roy Haynes (tracks: 2-5 to 2-9), Tiny Kahn (tracks: 2-13 to 2-16)
- Guitar – Chuck Wayne (tracks: 2-13 to 2-16), Dave Barbour (tracks: 2-17 to 2-22), Fred Lacey (tracks: 1-17 to 2-9), Irving Ashby (tracks: 1-13 to 1-16), Nasir Barakaat (tracks: 2-10 to 2-12)
- Piano – Argonne Thornton* (tracks: 1-17 to 2-12), Dodo Marmarosa (tracks: 1-5 to 1-8), Gene DiNovi (tracks: 2-13 to 2-16), Jimmy Bunn (tracks: 2-17 to 2-22), Joe Albany (tracks: 1-13 to 1-16), Nat Cole* (tracks: 1-1 to 1-4), Wesly Jones* (tracks: 1-9 to 1-12)
- Producer – Leonard Feather (tracks: 2-13 to 2-16), Norman Granz (tracks: 1-1 to 1-8, 2-17 to 2-22)
- Producer [Re-issue Producer] – Michael Cuscuna
- Saxophone [Alto] – Willie Smith (tracks: 1-9 to 1-12, 2-17 to 2-22)
- Saxophone [Tenor] – Lester Young
- Trombone – Vic Dickenson (tracks: 1-5 to 1-12)
- Trumpet – Howard McGhee (tracks: 1-9 to 1-12), Shorty McConnell (tracks: 1-17 to 2-12)
- Vocals – Helen Humes (tracks: 2-17 to 2-22)
NotesInsert booklet is multi-page with extensive liner notes.
|CDP 7243 8 32787 2 5||Lester Young||The Complete Aladdin Recordings Of Lester Young (2xCD, Comp)||Blue Note||CDP 7243 8 32787 2 5||Europe||1995|
|CDP 7243 8 32787 2 5, 7243 8 33893 2 2||Lester Young||The Complete Aladdin Recordings Of Lester Young (CD, Comp)||Blue Note, Blue Note||CDP 7243 8 32787 2 5, 7243 8 33893 2 2||Europe||1997|
|CDP 7243 8 32787 2 5, 7243 8 33894 2 1, TOCJ-4056,||Lester Young||The Complete Aladdin Recordings Of Lester Young Vol. 2 (CD, Comp)||Blue Note, Blue Note, Blue Note, Blue Note||CDP 7243 8 32787 2 5, 7243 8 33894 2 1, TOCJ-4056,||Europe||1997|
|CDP 7243 8 32787 2 5||Lester Young||The Complete Aladdin Recordings Of Lester Young (2xCD, Comp)||Blue Note||CDP 7243 8 32787 2 5||US||1995|