Houston Person - Harmony mp3 flac
Harmony by Houston Person on WhoSampled. Discover all of this album's music connections, watch videos, listen to music, discuss and download.
Biography by Scott Yanow. A rock-solid, full-toned tenor saxophonist who played ballads and blues with flair, expressive ardor, and power.
Moonlight in Vermont" - Joey DeFrancesco feat.
Wild Flower' is an album by saxophonist Houston Person recorded in 1977 and released on the Muse label. Preachin' and Teachin'" (Sonny Phillips) - 7:40. Wildflower" (Doug Edwards, Dave Richardson) - 6:50.
HOUSTON PERSON - Harmony. 1 Harmony, Perfect Harmony 7:46 2 Do It While You Can 5:14 3 I Write The Songs 4:50 4 I No Get Eye For Back 11:27 5 Love Is All We Need 8:32.
Houston Person (born November 10, 1934) is an American jazz tenor saxophonist and record producer. Although he has performed in the hard bop and swing genres, he is most experienced in and best known for his work in soul jazz. He received the Eubie Blake Jazz Award in 1982. Person grew up in Florence, South Carolina, and first played piano before switching to tenor saxophone. He studied at South Carolina State College where he was inducted into the school's Hall of Fame in 1999.
12 September at 18:57 ·. Ayse Golcu added 2 new photos to the album Lab Safety demonstration - at Harmony Science Academy Houston.
Houston Person - Harmony MP3 version. 1535 downloads at 23 mb/s. Houston Person - Harmony FLAC version. 1289 downloads at 31 mb/s. Keyboards – Horace Ott. Keyboards – Paul Griffin. Producer – Houston Person, Robin McBride. Saxophone – Houston Person. Trombone – Warren Covington. Trumpet – Burt Collins, John Faddis.
Mellow is an album by saxophonist Houston Person which was recorded in 2009 and released on the HighNote label. The tenor sax he wields certainly reflects the tradition established by Ben Webster in its soul-drenched tone, but is not as vocally pronounced or vibrato-driven.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Harmony, Perfect Harmony
Written-By – B. Gaudio*, J. Parker*
|2||Do It While You Can
Written-By – H. Ott*
|3||I Write The Songs
Written-By – B. Johnston*
|4||I No Get Eye For Back
Written-By – Fela Ransome Kuti*
|5||Love Is All We Need
Written-By – H. Ott*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Phonogram, Inc.
- Manufactured By – Phonogram, Inc.
- Distributed By – Phonodisc, Inc.
- Arranged By, Conductor – Horace Ott
- Backing Vocals – Gloria Turner, Maretta Stewart*, Yolanda McCullough*
- Bass [Electric] – Wilbur Bascomb
- Congas, Percussion – Lawrence Killian
- Engineer – Eddie Korvin
- Engineer [Mastering] – Bob Ludwig
- Engineer [Remix] – Bruce Swedien
- Guitar [Electric & Acoustic] – John Tropea
- Keyboards [Fender Rhodes Piano] – Horace Ott
- Keyboards [Grand Piano, Clavinet, Fender Rhodes Piano] – Paul Griffin
- Producer – Houston Person, Robin McBride
- Saxophone [Tenor] – Houston Person
- Trombone – Warren Covington
- Trumpet – Burt Collins, John Faddis*
- Vibraphone, Percussion – "Master Henry" Gibson*
Notes℗ 1977 Phonogram Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: SRM-1151-A4
- Matrix / Runout: SRM-1151-B7
|SRM-1-1151||Houston Person||Harmony (LP, Album, Promo)||Mercury||SRM-1-1151||US||1977|