Buddy Rich - Class Of '78 mp3 flac
Although the title of this reissue is not necessarily accurate (Buddy Rich's 1966 big band was a stronger unit), this is a high-quality jazz album.
Other Versions (5 of 16) View All. Cat.
Buddy Rich successfully led big bands from 1966 until his death in 1987, but other than his final effort in 1985, this album contains his orchestra's last significant recording. Inexcusably brief (with only a half-hour of music), the lack of quantity is made up for by the high quality
Album: Class Of ’78. Released: 2019. Previously on NewAlbumReleases. net: October 14, 2015 - Buddy Rich – Birdland (2015). June 4, 2014 - Buddy Rich – The Solos (2014). Archive, Jazz and Blues.
Tonight Show 5/24/78 Buddy Rich - New Ludwig Set. 12:22. Stephane Grappelli, Joe Pass, Niels Pedersen – Tivoli Gardens, Copenhagen, Denmark (1979). Although the title of this reissue is not necessarily accurate (Buddy Rich's 1966 big band was a stronger unit), this is a high-quality jazz album. Rich surprisingly does not solo much (just on Chick Corea's "Fiesta") but the material is strong, the arrangements (by Mike Abene, Frank Perowsky, Tom Boros, Barry Keiner and Barry Mintzer) are colorful, and the soloists are excellent
Buddy Rich, Live at Ronnie Scott's, also released as The Man From Planet Jazz, is a 1980 jazz big band recording made by the Buddy Rich Big Band at Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club in London. Not to be confused with the earlier 1971 Buddy Rich Big Band RCA double LP, Very Alive at Ronnie Scotts. LP side 1: Intro, "Beulah Witch" (Don Menza) – 4:37. Grand Concourse" (Bob Kaye) – 6:47. Blues a la 88" (Bob Mintzer) – 6:23. Saturday Night" (Mintzer) – 5:23. LP side 2: "Slow Funk" (Mintzer) – 5:44.
Filed under Big Band By BUDDY RICH. Class of '78 (aka The Greatest Drummer That Ever Lived With. The Best Band I Ever Had") Contents.
The Driver is a 1960 studio album by Buddy Rich. LP side A. "Brainwashed" (Buddy Rich, Ernie Wilkins) – 5:00. A Swinging Serenade" (Wilkins) – 4:05. Big Leg Mary" (Rich, Wilkins) – 5:45.
This Buddy Rich discography is ranked from best to worst, so the top Buddy Rich albums can be found at the top of the list. To make it easy for you, we haven't included Buddy Rich singles, EPs, or compilations, so everything you see here should only be studio albums.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Arranged By [Arranger] – Mike Abene*Composed By [Composer] – Joe ZawinulSoprano Saxophone [Soloist] – Steve Marcus
|A2||Bouncin' With Bud
Arranged By [Arranger] – Frank PerowskyComposed By [Composer] – Bud PowellPiano [Soloist] – Barry KeinerTenor Saxophone [Soloist] – Gary Bribek
|B1||Cape Verdean Blues
Arranged By [Arranger] – Tom BorosComposed By [Composer] – Horace SilverPiano [Soloist] – Barry KeinerTrumpet [Soloist] – Dean Pratt
Arranged By [Arranger] – Barry Keiner, Buddy RichBass [Soloist] – Tommy Warrington*Composed By [Composer] – Chick CoreaDrums [Soloist] – Buddy RichPiano [Soloist] – Barry Keiner
|B3||Funk City Ola
Arranged By [Arranger] – Barry MintzerComposed By [Composer] – Barry MintzerTenor Saxophone [Soloist] – Gary Bribek, Steve Marcus
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – RCA Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – RCA Ltd.
- Produced For – Gryphon Productions, Inc.
- Printed By – Robert Stace
- Recorded At – RCA Studios, New York
- Published By – April Music Ltd.
- Published By – Planetary Nom (London) Ltd.
- Published By – Ecaroh Music
- Published By – Carlin Music Corp.
- Accompanied By [Assisting Band] – Joe DeNoia, Steve Peck
- Alto Saxophone [1st] – Chuck Wilson
- Alto Saxophone [2nd] – Alan Gauvin
- Baritone Saxophone – Greg Smith
- Bass – Tommy Warrington*
- Bass Trombone – Edward Eby*
- Cabasa – Greg Smith
- Cowbell – Gary Bribek
- Engineer [Director Of Recording] – Keith Grant
- Engineer [Recording engineer] – Dick Baxter, Keith Grant
- Executive-Producer – Glen Glancy
- Flute – Alan Gauvin, Chuck Wilson
- Keyboards – Barry Keiner
- Lacquer Cut By [Runout etched] – PN*
- Liner Notes – Ira Gitler
- Photography By [Additional] – Steve Peck
- Photography By [Cover] – Norman Schwartz
- Producer – Norman Schwartz
- Producer [Production Coordinator] – Stanley Kay
- Soprano Saxophone – Alan Gauvin, Chuck Wilson , Steve Marcus
- Tenor Saxophone [1st] – Steve Marcus
- Tenor Saxophone [2nd] – Gary Bribek
- Trombone [1st] – Matt Johnson
- Trombone [2nd] – Dale Kirkland
- Trumpet [1st] – Chuck Schmidt
- Trumpet [2nd] – Dean Pratt
- Trumpet [3rd] – John Marshall
- Trumpet [4th] – Danny Hayes
NotesRecorded direct to disc
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout groove side A, etched): PL 25164 - A - 1E W PN~A A1K
- Matrix / Runout (Runout groove side B, etched): PL 25164 - B - 1E A1H W
- Rights Society: MCPS
|CRDD-1030||Buddy Rich||Class Of '78 (LP, Ltd, Gat)||Century Records||CRDD-1030||US||1977|
|8TG-781||Buddy Rich||Class of '78 (8-Trk, Album)||Gryphon||8TG-781||US||1978|
|GP 3602||Buddy Rich||Class Of '78 (LP, Gat)||Century Records||GP 3602||Japan||1978|
|505 010.2||Buddy Rich||"The Best Band I Ever Had" (CD, Album)||Actual Jazz||505 010.2||US||1993|
|903006 2||Buddy Rich||The Greatest Drummer That Ever Lived With ... "The Best Band I Ever Had" (CD, RM)||MMS CLASSIX||903006 2||Europe||1990|