Amy Beach - Cabildo (An Opera Premiere And Six Short Pieces) mp3 flac
Excerpt from "Cabildo" An Opera by Amy Beach Daniel Buchanan, tenor Brian Speck, baritone Stephen Jones, piano This opera was performed by Opera Vista i. .
In honor of Women's History Month, we will be posting about female composers, conductors, and c figures, past and present, who have made a significant impact on the world of music throughout history
랙 목록 숨기기 크레딧. Cabildo, Op. 149. (46:02). Composed By – Amy Beach. Conductor – Ransom Wilson (tracks: 1 to 13). Executive-Producer – Amelia S. Haygood. Libretto By – Nan Bagby Stephens (tracks: 1 to 13). Mezzo-soprano Vocals – Charlotte Hellekant (tracks: 16). Mezzo-soprano Vocals – Charlotte Hellekant (tracks: 1 to 13). Piano – Christopher O'Riley.
Beach, A: Cabildo, Op. 45:55. New York Concert Singers. Show 10 remaining tracks for Beach, A: Cabildo, Op. Ladies and gentlemen! We will now proceed to the grand staircase (Barker, Mary, Tom, Prisoners, Pierre).
Amy Marcy Cheney Beach (September 5, 1867 – December 27, 1944) was an American composer and pianist. She was the first successful American female composer of large-scale art music. Her "Gaelic" Symphony, premiered by the Boston Symphony Orchestra in 1896, was the first symphony composed and published by an American woman
Cabildo is the only opera by the American composer Amy Beach, her opus 149. This chamber opera is in one act and has a libretto by Nan Bagby Stephens. Beach composed the music in 1932 and made use of folksong and Creole tunes. However, the work was not performed in her lifetime and received its first performance in 1947. Subsequent performances were in 1981, at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, and in 1982, at the American Musicological Society meeting and the Sonneck Society.
Cabildo, opera, Op. 1.
Amy Beach: Cabildo; Six Short Pieces (CD – Delos 1995). From Grandmother’s Garden (1922) Morning Glories, Heartsease, Mignonette, Rosemary and Rue, Honeysuckle. Songs of Amy Beach (CD – Bridge 2005). Icon: Jussi Björling Sings Verdi, Puccini, Leoncavallo, Opera Arias, Lieder & Songs, Swedish Folk Songs (CDs – EMI Classics/Warner Classics 2008). A Lesson in Love (CD – EMI Classics/Warner Classics 2011). Jussi Björling Recital (CD – Verona Records 2014). As a pianist, she was acclaimed for concerts she gave in the United States and in Germany. Beach's compositions include a one-act opera, Cabildo, and a variety of other works. She wrote the Gaelic Symphony (1896) and the Piano Concerto in C-sharp minor.
85, Beach: Cabildo, Hermit Thrush At Eve, Give Me Not Love, In the Twilight. 16. Romance, Op. 23, Beach: Music for Violin-Viola and Piano. The Symposium Opera Collection, Vol. 4 (1906-1939).
Tracklist Hide Credits
|Cabildo, Op. 149||(46:02)|
|2||Ladies And Gentlemen...|
|3||Once Night As They Danced...|
|4||Ladies And Gentlemen, We Will Now...|
|7||Dominique, What News?...|
|8||When She Danced|
|9||She Was Like A Flower|
|10||Largo con dolora|
|11||Thy Boat Pierre...|
|12||Ah Love, Is A Jasmine Vine...|
|13||Tempo Di Duetto|
|14||A Hermit Thrush At Eve, Op. 92, No. 1||5:21|
|15||Give Me Not Love, Op. 61
Words By – Florence Earle Coates
|16||In The Twilight, Op. 85
Words By – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
|17||O Mistress Mine, Op. 37, No. 1
Words By – William Shakespeare
|18||Dark Is The Night, Op. 11, No. 1
Words By – William Ernest Henley
|19||Jeune Fille Et Jeune Fleur, Op. 1, No. 3
Words By – Chateaubriand*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Delos International, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Delos International, Inc.
- Recorded At – St. Peter's Episcopal Church, New York City
- Baritone Vocals [Pierre Lafitte] – Eugene Perry (tracks: 1 to 13)
- Bass Vocals – Thomas Paul (tracks: 19)
- Bass Vocals [Gaoler] – Thomas Paul (tracks: 1 to 13)
- Chorus – New York Concert Singers (tracks: 1 to 13)
- Chorus Master [Chorus Preparation] – Judith Clurman (tracks: 1 to 13)
- Composed By – Amy Beach*
- Conductor – Ransom Wilson (tracks: 1 to 13)
- Executive-Producer – Amelia S. Haygood
- Libretto By – Nan Bagby Stephens (tracks: 1 to 13)
- Mezzo-soprano Vocals – Charlotte Hellekant (tracks: 16)
- Mezzo-soprano Vocals [Mary] – Charlotte Hellekant (tracks: 1 to 13)
- Piano – Christopher O'Riley
- Soprano Vocals – Lauren Flanigan (tracks: 15, 18)
- Soprano Vocals [The Lady Valerie] – Lauren Flanigan (tracks: 1 to 13)
- Tenor Vocals – Paul Groves (tracks: 15, 17)
- Tenor Vocals [Dominique You] – Paul Groves (tracks: 1 to 13)
- Tenor Vocals [Tom] – Anthony Dean Griffey (tracks: 1 to 13)
- Voice Actor [Barker] – Stephen Mo Hanan (tracks: 1 to 13)
NotesRecorded May 15, 1995 at St. Peter's Episcopal Church, New York City.
℗ © 1995 Delos International, Inc.
Printed and Manufactured in the U.S.A.
Total Playing Time: 68:30.
Includes booklet (32 p.) with libretto and texts.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: DE3170 X57250
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L531
- SPARS Code: DDD
- Barcode: 013491317021