Roscoe Mitchell - Numbers mp3 flac
Sound, Roscoe Mitchell's debut as a leader, was an early free jazz landmark and an enormously groundbreaking album in many respects.
This is one of Mitchell's best solo.
Information on Roscoe Mitchell.
Интернет-магазин yoox. Огромный выбор одежды обуви и аксессуаров
Sound is the debut album by free jazz saxophonist Roscoe Mitchell, recorded in 1966 and released on the Delmark label. It features performances by Mitchell, Lester Bowie, Malachi Favors, Maurice McIntyre, Lester Lashley and Alvin Fielder.
Numbers is an album by American jazz saxophonist Roscoe Mitchell, which was recorded in between 2003 and 2010 and released on the French RogueArt label. All About Jazz', John Sharpe said "Mitchell himself, playing alto saxophone, appears on just one out of 13 tracks, recorded in multiple sessions over an eight year period from 2002.
ROSCOE MITCHELL - Numbers. Filed under Avant-Garde Jazz By ROSCOE MITCHELL. 1 Bells For New Orleans (Prelude) 1:33 2 9/9/99 10:33 3 Sketches 6:36 4 Because It's 2:14 5 This 4:30 6 Dim 5:47 7 Bells For New Orleans 5:01 8 WR/C 2A Opus I 9:49 9 8/8/88 1st Movement 4:24 10 8/8/88 2nd.
Return to "Sound (Roscoe Mitchell album)" page.
Listen to music from Roscoe Mitchell like Spatial Aspects Of The Sound, The El & more. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Roscoe Mitchell. Roscoe Mitchell (b. August 3, 1940 in Chicago, Illinois) is an African American composer, jazz t and educator, mostly known for being "a technically superb - if idiosyncratic - saxophonist. He has been called "one of the key figures" in avant-garde jazz who has been "at the forefront of modern music" for the past thirty years.
|1||Bells For New Orleans (Prelude)||1:33|
|7||Bells For New Orleans||5:01|
|8||WR/C 2A Opus I||9:49|
|9||8/8/88 1st Movement||4:24|
|10||8/8/88 2nd Movement||1:50|
|11||8/8/88 3rd Movement||3:33|
|13||Bells For New Orleans (Postlude)||2:11|
- Recorded At – Mills College
- Recorded At – Systems Two
- Recorded At – Audio for the Arts
- Alto Saxophone, Composed By – Roscoe Mitchell
- Baritone Vocals – Thomas Buckner
- Bells [Tubular, Orchestra], Vibraphone – William Winant
- Cover [Design] – David Bourguignon
- Cover [Realization] – Max Schoendorff
- Double Bass – Hans Sturm
- Liner Notes – Bill Shoemaker, Bill Shoemaker
- Photography By – Jacques Bisceglia
- Piano – Joan Wildman, Joseph Kubera, Stephen Rush
- Producer – Michel Dorbon
- Recorded By – Jason Corey (tracks: 9, 10, 11)
- Recorded By [Assisted], Mixed By [Assisted] – James Frazier (tracks: 1, 7, 13)
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Buzz Kemper (tracks: 3), Robert Shumaker (tracks: 1, 7, 13), Tom Hamilton (tracks: 2, 4 to 6)
- Viola – Nils Bultmann
- Violin – Vartan Manoogian
Notes1, 7 and 13 recorded on March 27th 2010, 8 on January 10th 2010 and 12 on August 8th 2010 at Mills College, Oakland, CA, USA
2, 4, 5 & 6 recorded on February 13th 2003 at Systems Two, Brooklyn, NY, USA
3 recorded on August 16th 2002 at Audio for the Arts, Madison, WI, USA
9, 10 & 11 recorded on February 10th 2010 at the Audio Studio, Duderstadt Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 3 760131 270365
- Barcode (String): 3760131270365
- SPARS Code: DDD